We have compiled an article with exercises where you benefit using only one dumbbell! That’s right ONE dumbbell! Believe it or not these exercises will target your core, obliques, back and biceps, and still give you the defined, strengthen muscle mass you require. The reason for this, is we appreciate the annoyance when you arrive at the gym and everything is in use, but a single dumbbell can be equally affective as using two or any other equipment to target your abs.
The best thing about these exercises are, if dumbbells aren’t free, you can easily subsidies them for a kettle bell or even a weight plate. These carefully executed exercises will leave your upper body burning for more!
- Complete the following five moves in the order shown.
- Perform 15 reps of a lift and then move on to the next without rest.
- After the final move, rest for 60 seconds.
- Do six circuits in total.
- Make the circuit easier with a lighter dumbbell, or harder with a heavier one.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands.
- Bend from the hips to lower the weight between your legs, then push your hips forward to raise it up to shoulder height.
- Reverse back down to the start.
This is a take on the classic kettlebell swing that offers all the same benefits. The hip hinge that forms the basis of this move is one of the core foundational bodyweight movements that you should work on mastering before beginning any weight training programme.